20 Easy Ways To Lose Belly Fat (Without Going to The Gym)
20 Easy Ways To Lose Belly Fat (Without Going to The Gym)
90% of fat in the majority of the population is present as a layer beneath your skin. This is the fat present on your belly. The other 10% is present around your body organs like intestines and liver. Belly fat is not only inconveniencing when it comes to fitting your clothes, but it also has serious health issues. If you are familiar with exercise as the only way of how to lose belly fat, there are other ways that can help you. Here are 20 incredible ways to lose belly fat naturally at home:
1. Drink Green tea Consuming green tea has multiple health advantages. It has antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and caffeine, which boost metabolism. Research has shown that EGCG, a catechin, helps in loss of belly fat. When combined with exercise, the effects of green tea in weight loss becomes stronger.
2. Intermittent Fasting Intermittent fasting has become famous when it comes to weight loss. Intermittent fasting consists of an eating pattern involving cycling between eating periods and fasting periods. A popular intermittent fasting method comprises 24-hour fasts twice or once a week. Another one includes fasting each day for 16 hours and having all your meals within 8 hours. Research has shown that participants lose 4-7% of their fat when they fast within 6-24 hours.
3. Probiotic Supplement or Probiotic Foods Probiotics are bacteria present in some supplements and foods. They have numerous health benefits, including enhanced immune function and better gut health. According to research, various bacteria types play a significant part in the regulation of weight. Hence, getting the proper balance of bacteria can assist you to lose belly fat. Research has shown a reduction in belly fat in Lactobacillus family members like Lactobacillus gasseri, Lactobacillus fermentum, and Lactobacillus amylovorus. Probiotic supplements usually have numerous bacteria types. Hence, ensure you buy supplements that offer one or more of these strains of bacteria.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Including apple cider vinegar in your diet will provide you with numerous health benefits. These include low blood pressure. Research has proved that acetic acid contained in apple cider vinegar can help you lose belly fat. A three-month study showed that obese men who consumed one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar each day lost 1.4 cm of fat from their waists. Vinegar is safe when diluted with water since it can erode your teeth’s enamel when undiluted.
5. Avoid Fruit Juice Fruit juice is rich in minerals and vitamins, but it has a lot of sugar just like soda. Drinking lots of fruit juice has a similar risk of gaining abdominal fat like any other sweetened beverage. An 8-ounce of apple juice has 24 grams of sugar, 50% of which is fructose. To assist in the reduction of belly fat, use unsweetened iced tea, water, or lime in replacing fruit juice.
6. Eat Fatty Fish Fatty fish have numerous health benefits. They have high quality protein and disease-preventing omega-3 fats. Studies reveal that omega-3 fats may also assist in visceral fat reduction. According to research, individuals with fatty liver disease have shown a significant reduction of fat in abdomen and liver. Aim to obtain 2-3 servings of fatty fish each week. Excellent choices include anchovies, mackerel, sardines, herring, and salmon.
7. Track Exercise and Food Intake Numerous things can assist you in losing belly fat and weight. However, it is essential to eat fewer calories than required for your body to maintain weight. Using an online food app or tracker or managing a food diary can assist in monitoring your intake of calories. Additionally, food-tracking tools assist you in seeing the consumption of micronutrients, fiber, carbs, and protein. Majority of them also let you record your physical activity and exercise.
8. Plenty of Restful Sleep Sleep is essential in numerous health aspects, including weight loss. According to research, lack of enough sleep can result in weight gain. A condition referred to as sleep apnea has been connected to excess visceral fat. The condition causes intermittent stopping of breathing at night. You not only need to sleep 7 hours or more per night, but you also require quality sleep. Consult a doctor if you suspect that you are suffering from any sleep disorder.
9. Avoid Sugar-Sweetened Beverages Sugar-sweetened beverages are rich in liquid fructose that causes a gain in belly fat. Research has shown that sugary drinks produce increased fats in the liver. Sugary beverages have shown more adverse effects than sweet foods. Because your brain fails to process liquid calories similar to solid ones, there is a high likelihood that you will consume more liquid calories and store them as belly fat. To lose belly fat, steer away from sugary beverages like sweet tea, punch, and soda together with sugary alcoholic mixtures.
10. Lifting Weights Lifting weights is essential for gaining and preserving muscle mass. Research on individuals with fatty liver diseases and type 2 diabetes has revealed that resistance training assists in the loss of belly fat. One study carried out on obese teenagers resulted in the highest decrease in visceral fat after a combination of weight lifting and cardio. If you decide to go for weightlifting, it is best to seek advice from a personal trainer.
11. Coconut Oil Coconut oil is one of the healthiest fats for consumption. Research proves that coconut oil’s medium-chain fats boost metabolism and assist in the reduction of stored fats. Controlled studies have revealed a reduction of fat in the abdomen. To boost loss of belly fat, consider consuming two tablespoons of coconut oil each day. Coconut oil is still rich in calories. Since, these are good calories, replace some fats you are eating with coconut oil.
12. Reduce Refined Carbs Reducing your carb consumption can be a crucial way of how to lose belly fat, especially in the abdomen. Diets with less than 50 grams of carbohydrates each day lead to loss of belly fats in obese individuals. According to research, you don’t require following a strict diet low on carbohydrates. You have to replace refined carbs like refined grains with starchy carbs that are unprocessed like whole grains and vegetables. This will boost metabolism and decrease belly fat.
13. Do Cardio Aerobic exercise or cardio is effective in burning of calories. Research has revealed that it is one of the forms that are most effective in decreasing belly fat. The duration and frequency of your cardio program are more vital than its intensity. A study proved that participants lost more fat from every body part when they did cardio for 300 minutes in a week than those who did cardio for 150 minutes in a week.
14. Avoid a Lot of Sugary Foods Sugar has fructose, a component that is associated with several chronic infections when taken in excess. These diseases include fatty liver disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and heart disease. Observational studies have proved a relationship between high sugar consumption and high abdominal fat. It is essential to keep in mind that not only the refined sugars result in belly fat gain, but also healthier sugars like real honey.
15. Reduce Levels of Stress Stress can lead to belly fat gain through triggering of the adrenal glands to produce the stress hormone called cortisol. According to research, high levels of cortisol increase appetite and increase fat storage in the abdomen. Moreover, women with a large waist produce more cortisol as a stress response, leading to more belly fat gain. To decrease belly fat, participate in exciting activities that reduce stress. Useful methods include meditation and yoga.
16. Consume High-Protein Diet An essential nutrient of how to lose belly fat is protein. High consumption of protein increases the fullness hormone release. The hormone promotes fullness by reducing your appetite. Additionally, protein raises the rate of your metabolism and assists in retaining of muscle mass when you are losing weight. Studies have shown that individuals who consume a lot of protein have less fat in the abdomen than those who consume a diet low in protein. Try including excellent sources of protein during every meal like beans, whey protein, dairy, eggs, fish, and meat.
17. Avoid Alcohol Consumption Small amounts of alcohol can result in health benefits, but excessive consumption can result in harmful effects. According to research, too much alcohol can lead to belly fat gain. Observational studies have shown that high use of alcohol can lead to a significant risk of central obesity; this means excess storage of fat around the waist. Reducing alcohol intake can help you lose belly fat. You don’t need to eliminate alcohol altogether, but limiting the amount consumed per day can assist.
18. Avoid Trans Fat Foods Trans fats are formed through the pumping of hydrogen into fats that are saturated like soybean oil. They are present in some spreads, packaged foods, and certain kinds of margarine. These fats are associated with abdominal fat gain, insulin resistance, inflammation, and heart disease. Avoiding them would aid you to lose belly fat.
19. Consume a lot of Soluble Fiber Soluble fiber takes in water and creates a gel, which assists in slowing down food as it goes down the gut. Research shows that this kind of fiber assists in weight loss by helping you feel full. It also reduces the number of calories absorbed by your body from food, helping you to lose belly fat. Additionally, soluble fiber may assist in combating belly fat. Excellent soluble fiber sources include blackberries, legumes, Brussels sprouts, flaxseed, avocados, and shirataki noodles.
20. Adjust your Lifetime and Mix Various Methods Doing one of the things on this list will not have a significant effect on its own. If you desire great results, mix various methods that have been proved useful. Lucky for you, a majority of these things are linked to healthy eating and a generally healthy lifestyle. Hence, adjusting your lifestyle, in the long run, is an essential way of how to lose your belly fat.
Conclusion If you want to lose belly fat, it will take you more than a week or a month. So if you are still wondering of how to lose belly fat, it takes months of hard work and commitment on your part in executing the strategies that suit you. Whatever the methods you have chosen, the right combination will work like a charm.